Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 23

With 4 weeks left until the marathon the training has been going well. I had training runs of 8, 5, 5 and 18 miles this week. The 18 miler was with the DFMC team out on the course. I had run this same 18 miler last year and as I checked my logs from last year remembered that it was not one of my favorite training runs. I went to the Wellesley BSC prepared for a long day on the roads and was pleasantly surprised at how well the run went. Even with the temperature hovering around 70 degrees I was able to maintain a good pace for the full 18 miles the first 9 of which were run with DFMC teammate Mike McDonough. It definitely helps to have a partner when you are out on the road for 2 plus hours even though there may not be much talking going on the miles seem to go past quicker with someone traveling the same road at the same pace. As this route is an out and back to the Wellesley BSC on my way back down the hills I ran into another DFMC teammate Tom Fitzpatrick. This is Tom's first year with DFMC and his first marathon. It hasn't been the easiest of training seasons for Tom but he has stuck it out and will no doubt have a great day from start to finish on April 19th. So for the week I had a total of 36 miles.

Donations this week came from Mrs. Deb Barret (My son Colin's 4th grade teacher that is due any day now with her first child. Good Luck Mrs. Barrett), Billerica Little League, Billerica Pop Warner, Tom Lavery, and the Arthur Family. I believe that with these donations we have gone over the $5,000.00 for this year. Thank you to all that have donated.

The fundraiser tickets are going strong. The prizes for the raffles are starting to come in and we will have a couple of pairs of Red Sox Tickets, a wheel barrow full of stuff, a hand made blanket, a hair care basket, a pair of Patriots tickets with more items to come. There will also be a silent auction of Boston teams sports memorabilia and music provided by DJ Captain Dave McCourt. If you need tickets contact me at beebrad@comcast.net.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Gerry for the support in training. Your attitude is infectious and helps keep me believing in the training program even as things sometimes don't go as well as planned. I know the hard work will pay off and I've learned a lot, just got to "run my race" which I know is a different race plan than you or others on our DFMC team. Looking fwd to attending your fundraiser, too...

    ReplyDelete

Bib Number For Race Day

Bib Number For Race Day